The infographics helps to visualise some of the key findings of the Needs Analysis report 2021 “Europe’s Most Needed Software Roles and Skills“. Read the full report.
Europe is facing a shortage of software skills and professionals.
- Overall, Europe needs more software Developers and demand is expected to steadily grow.
- Over the next five years, organisations will recruit Developers, Solutions designers, and DevOps experts en masse.
- Top 3 most popular hard skills per software roles:
- Test specialist: Selenium, Jira, SQL
- DevOps expert: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- It is crucial for software professionals to have a solid understanding of programming principles so that they can quickly adapt to new languages.
- Software professionals should not only be experts in software but also have a broader set of non-technical skills like personal soft skills or business skills.