ISSUE: FEBRUARY 2022
Tweet @software_skills I Share ESSA Software Skills I Send reactions here
IN THE LIMELIGHT
PRESS RELEASE! ESSA launches a Software Skills Strategy to bridge the software skills gap in Europe. It sets the direction of the work ahead under three important pillars: training, education and validation. Read the press release.
How to Answer the Shortage of Software Professionals with Education and Training: If we are unable to answer the current demand, it is very likely that the shortage will become more critical. The question is: how can we prevent that from happening? Read the article.
Software Skills Strategy Launch: Read the Highlights: ESSA presented a new strategy to answer the increasing demand for software skills and professionals in the EU. Read the highlights of the launch event.
- Digital Education Stakeholder Forum I Online, 22 Mar I European Commission I View event
- AMETIC Artificial Intelligence Summit 2022 I Online, 28 Apr I AMETIC I View event
- EdTech World Forum 2022 I Online and London, 30-31 May I EdTech World Forum I View event
OTHER INTERESTING READS…
- Use cases catalog: Language Technologies.
- Towards a European Software Skills Strategy.
- 10 Certifications You Can Really Do Something With in 2022 (in Dutch)
- Thousands of European citizens and businesses learn about emerging technologies with Digital SkillUp.
GET FREE RESOURCES
NEW IN! “A Software Skills Strategy for Europe” How to bridge the software skills gap with training, education and validation, 2022: The strategy presents perspectives and expert recommendations to skill, upskill, and reskill individuals into high demand professional software roles. It sets the direction of the work ahead under three important pillars: training, education, and validation. They are the starting points to design up to date, market-oriented VET (Vocational Education and Training) curricula and programmes for software skills in 2022. Download the report.
Case Studies Booklet “12 Ideas to Tackle the Shortage of Software Professionals in Europe”: The booklet presents curated real-world good practice examples that help translate our Software Skills Strategy into concrete actions. In turn, it will inform the design of education and training programmes that will contribute to skill, upskill, and reskill individuals into high demand professional software roles. Get the e-booklet.
Photo by Adomas Aleno on Unsplash